- Winmar ‘sad’ at racist abuse in AFL
AFL: AFL great Nicky Winmar is sad to see Indigenous players still being abused 20 years after he made his symbolic stand against racism in sport.
- Abbott hints at Mundine role
NATIONAL: Opposition Leader Tony Abbott is likely to offer a powerful Indigenous affairs role to Warren Mundine if elected prime minister, it has been reported.
- Geale to make US debut against Barker
BOXING: Aboriginal champion boxer Daniel Geale will make his professional debut in the United States in August when he defends his IBF middleweight world title against Briton Darren Barker.
- New closing the gap target for disability
NATIONAL: Increasing Aboriginal people's access to disability services will become a federal government target ahead of the introduction of the national disability care scheme.
- Black budget gets broad support
NATIONAL: Broad support for budget from some.
AFL: Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson has confirmed Cyril Rioli will be sidelined until at least round 12 as the utility recovers from his latest hamstring injury.
- Thousands of new mums face mental illness
- Double dissolution on the table: coalition
- ‘More funding needed’ for Vic legal aid
- Saudi suspect’s brother to remain hidden
NATIONAL: An Indigenous elder is pleading with Northern Territory Chief Minister Adam Giles to scrap plans to address Aboriginal child neglect via forced adoptions.
- Torres Strait Islander woman dies of tuberculosis
- Anger in Perth over Heirisson Island plans
- Aboriginal children are being left with neglectful parents: Giles
- NT welfare groups unhappy with budget
OPINION: It is one of the perennial questions at the core of the land rights and native title debates across Australia.
- Fighting Carr
- THE CONTRARIAN: Liberation through acquisition
- LITTLE BLACK DUCK: Mining the truth
- LITTLE BLACK DUCK: We must continue calls for Treaty
AFL INDIGENOUS ROUND: This weekend the AFL celebrates and honours the contribution of Aboriginal players to the Aboriginal game of Marngrook, or as its commonly known, AFL.
- Champion revelling in Souths return
- Inglis delighted with his form
- Benny’s best not far off
- Blues’ Betts facing three-game AFL ban
PERTH: Aboriginal artworks created by members of the Stolen Generation are returning home from a New York university.
- Nominations open for national Indigenous music awards
- Aboriginal actresses win big at Logies
- Kim Scott wins top honours at NSW literary awards
- Made in Wadeye was inspired by community