- Resort gets Senate plug
NATIONAL: PSenators were transported to Australia's red centre during an apparent tourism plug in the chamber.
- Independent MP promises ‘sorry’ speech
NATIONAL: Independent MP Cathy McGowan will offer her own apology to Australia's stolen generation as part of a string of promises made to constituents.
- Community members protest NSW C&H laws
NEW SOUTH WALES: Aboriginal elders and community members have descended on state parliament to protest against cultural heritage reforms they say will open the door to corruption.
- Mundine wants the best after Mosley TKO
BOXING: Bring on the best - that was Anthony Mundine's confident declaration after he beat ageing and stricken American superstar Shane Mosley in their bout for the vacant WBA International super welterweight title on Wednesday.
- I’m the better man says Mundine
BOXING: Anthony Mundine has declared he plans to stamp his authority on Shane Mosley from the outset of what he has labelled his "do or die" fight, after winning his battle with the scales.
NATIONAL: The Northern Territory has been convicted of carrying out work on a sacred site, causing the destruction of two sacred Aboriginal gum trees.
- Qld tribe celebrates native title ruling
- Cairns man to give Abbott giant boomerang
- QLD uranium mines could become state issue
- Infrastructure plan will be balanced: govt
NATIONAL: New Labor senator Deb O'Neill wants visitation rights to her old chamber for a good cause - to increase awareness of the effort to close the gap on Aboriginal disadvantage.
- Poorer women prone to giving birth early
- Namatjira’s descendents meet the Queen
- NSW Parliament votes for inquiry into Bowraville murders
- Mining boom squandered: CFMEU report
NATIONAL: If you are a young woman or man about to become a parent for the first time what do you think is the greatest gift you can give your child, asks JEFF MCMULLEN*.
- LITTLE BLACK DUCK: An Australian race to the legal bottom
- White justice crippling a community
- THE CONTRARIAN: Music, Mac and Malabar Mansion
- ABORIGINAL INK: The black and white of justice denied
NRL: NRL club doctors will no longer report to coaches as part of a raft of measures introduced to help avoid a repeat of the doping scandal which engulfed Cronulla this season.
- Daley says All Stars will return
- Mundine plans to fight more often
- Mosley warns Mundine over weight loss
- Barba set for NZ debut for Broncos
NATIONAL: If you like a gamble, then you’ll like this story. Earlier this year, two crazy bastards – a blackfella and a whitefella – decided to launch a NSW-based Aboriginal music festival.
- A fashionable pitch
- Artist Profile: Tom E Lewis
- ARTIST PROFILE: Rosealee Pearson